6/14/10

PortaMate PM3900 D.I.Y. Miter Saw Stand with 6-inch Wheels

Cheap PortaMate PM3900 D.I.Y. Miter Saw Stand with 6-inch Wheels Review




The short version ... is study, take time to refine if necessary, could use a shim kit. Content, content with my purchase.

The good, it is robust. I'm 190 pounds and can sit on it and it does not feel it's going to bed like a lawn chair at a low price, it is actually quite solid feeling when loaded.

The settings are very simple and basic, which means that refining may take trial and error. As you secure the knobs to adjust the height,the arm may move for a change, so it may take a few tries to get the setup right. But once fixed, just a little care will ensure that you do not knock the adjustment fairly easy and no problem.

For me, the biggest problem is not with the stand, but with my miter saw, a Ridgid brand. The base plate is a kind of conical, then the front mounting holes are further behind. Now, the stand comes with adapters for that, but with my saw, the cards are toomany a stage. This is not a flaw in the medium itself, the conception of the poor with my saw. However, when you install the cards, one end of the saw is a bit higher then the other, some washers have been to Nice for the dock so it would be level. This will be something very simple and minor for me to fix, but it should come with washers / shims first.

I cut my first 4 pieces of extruded aluminum T-slot and four parts must be exactly the same length,which is 95% of the reason I bought this stand. It made perfect once I managed to set up and refined (15 minutes). So with that, I am very happy with my purchase of this right and shall have standing for future projects instead of cutting huddled on the floor as I have been in the past.




PortaMate PM3900 D.I.Y. Miter Saw Stand with 6-inch Wheels Feature


  • Quick-Mount machine mounts
  • 2 adjustable 10-inch support T's
  • 6-inch wheels for easy mobility
  • Fast and easy snap pin set-up
  • Lightweight at 28-pounds with a comfortable 34-inch work height




PortaMate PM3900 D.I.Y. Miter Saw Stand with 6-inch Wheels Overview


Lightweight, feature-filled stand is ideal for your 10in. miter saw, providing up to 108in. of material support. Wrench Included: No, Dust Bag Included: No, Dimensions L x W x H (in.): 36 H



*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Jun 14, 2010 23:18:53

No comments:

Post a Comment