6/19/10

Makita LS1013F 10-inch Dual Slide Compound Miter saw with Light

Cheap Makita LS1013F 10-inch Dual Slide Compound Miter saw with Light Review




Bought this on Amazon in April 2006. He replaced my tank type 10 "miter saw Milwaukee - the most accurate tool I ever used so far Makita arrived. Every time I use this tool, I fell in love with her again . So I thought I "owed" it a good review. I am not a professional trader, craftsman, carpenter, etc. - just an owner who gets too excited sometimes so over my head. I take a lot of wood perfectly well and convert 'em to sawdust and thresholds - but now Ido it with a big smile and with more precision than I deserve. If I had to choose a word for this saw - one - it would be good.

No. Make that SMOOOOTH place.

Being able to bevel and miter of both sides gives me confidence to tackle difficult cuts. I find myself enjoying that "something extra" bit of trim and finish work on all the work - it gives me an excuse to practice with this saw. I do things I would not even bother to try, if I did not have this tool. InBesides cutting performance and accuracy, it proved very versatile in my small garage shop because I can swing the saw around the place of wood (usually cedar dimension). capcity Nice - 4x4 Stck cup or 2x4 on edge with ease. My most difficult compound cuts so far? Attic Vents building custom pinion and mounting the coverslip strips (45 degree angle) into a chamber octagonal. The math angle was a bit of a challenge (!) But once calculated, the reductions were easy toset up and run on this saw - and died. Yeah, I know what you think: "gable vents? Gable Vents! Problem ..." Me too - until I got these multiple angle end cuts.

The saw is well designed and built with quality. No problems of 3-1/2 years (it is true) occasional use. The blade is excellent, with reductions similar to those of my table saw blade Forrest. Even with the great Amazon - free shipping, too - it was the second most expensive tool I have everpurchased (after my table saw). But I have never regretted. Not once.

Vows: second retaining clip would be nice (mine came with a clamp and two extensions). I am moving the clamp to the "other" side frequently. Like most Makita tools, accessories and parts are easy to find so I'll probably soon be a catch. Cheers!




Makita LS1013F 10-inch Dual Slide Compound Miter saw with Light Feature


  • Dual slide compound 10-inch miter saw kit with built-inch, fluorescent job light; 15 amp motor
  • Cuts 52-degrees right and 47-degrees left with 9 positive stops at 15, 22-1/2, 31.6, 45-degrees left or right and 0-degrees
  • Machined aluminum base; dual steel rails; carbide tip blade
  • Includes saw, vertical vise, blade, wrench, triangular rule, 2 extension wings
  • 29-7/8 by 20-1/2 by 24-5/8-inches; 48-1/2-pounds; 1-year warranty




Makita LS1013F 10-inch Dual Slide Compound Miter saw with Light Overview


Makita LS1016L 10" Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser



*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Jun 19, 2010 04:00:17

No comments:

Post a Comment