5/30/10

Starrett CP505A-12 ProSite Combination Protractor

Cheap Starrett CP505A-12 ProSite Combination Protractor Review




I recently bought and just received the Starrett-12 CP505A angles. I heard poor reviews (online and work colleagues) on the cheaper models (505A and 505A-12-7) in terms of accuracy (especially since they are not exact due to the gauge decals be out of alignment from the factory). I spent extra for the PC version, because it has good reviews and is claimed to be laser engraved / embossed. Looking at the indicators, it appears that, although may be burned, they are still just pasted decalson the aluminum unless the aluminum underneath the sticker is engraved, but I'm not going to take off the sticker and ruin the tool $ 85 just to know. I think my point is that I am a bit disappointed after paying a premium to find that it seems that the metal is not written, just the sticker, which may peel or deranged. My concern justified? I probably would not have bought if only the labels have been cut and not the body itself. Otherwise, it seemsbe properly constructed and graduations are queuing.




Starrett CP505A-12 ProSite Combination Protractor Feature


  • New upgraded design includes laser engraved dial for exceptional accuracy
  • Precision machined aluminum construction
  • Now performs 5 functions to quickly master your work Saves time and minimizes waste
  • Teflon "O" ring for smooth and precise operation
  • 12-Inch long; 1-1/4-Pound; 1-year warranty




Starrett CP505A-12 ProSite Combination Protractor Overview


L.S. Starrett 12256 No. 505 Series No Cp505a-12 Combo Protractor (1 EA)



*** Product Information and Prices Stored: May 30, 2010 23:54:16

No comments:

Post a Comment